Problem: Sometimes you need to clone your Hard drive or QuickBooks for that matter and next what you realise is that your QuickBooks License has stopped working post-cloning. This error hinders the progress of your work for good.
Luckily, there are solutions available to the QuickBooks License Error After Cloning. The QBPayrollHelp-AskForAccounting QuickBooks help-team is going to help you out in trying out all the solutions available to deal with the License error on your computer system running on Windows OS.
Description: To install the QuickBooks Desktop on your computer system, you always need a license number product code so that QuickBooks can validate your installation. The file that contains the license number and product code is encrypted.
The reason for this error to occur on your computer system is when this encrypted file is either damaged or missing on your computer system. If that is the scenario, QuickBooks will not open and show the error on the screen which reads, ‘QuickBooks License Error.”
The Issues Alike: There are so many errors which are based on the missing or damaged license key & product code. If one wants to resolve these errors, one should remove the EntitlementDataStore.ecml for it. It is the file responsible for most of the problems like:
- QuickBooks Re-configuration errors
- No Company Open Window does not show any Edit list
- Disabled Sync License Data Online.
- Error No. 3371: could not initialize license properties.
- Unregistered QuickBooks. No online banking possible.
Reasons for the error:
There are several reasons for the error to occur:
- DAT and MSXMl components are damaged. These components are required to run QuickBooks properly.
- dat is corrupt or damaged. QuickBooks accesses this file before starting to validate the registration. If the file is damaged or missing, the error occurs.
- MSXML helps component in retrieving the information from QBRegistration.dat. If it is missing, you wouldn’t be able to access the QuickBooks.
Resolution: We will follow the resolutions that will secure the QuickBooks Access on your computer system.
- Exit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Stop all the QuickBooks Processes.
- Hit ctrl+shift+esc and go to the Task Manager processes tab.
- You will see the processes list, and find the extension exe
- Select it and hit End Task
(If you are a Windows 10 user, hit more details and the task manager will appear)
- Now, go to the entitlement folder:
- Launch Run Prompt.
- Browse to the path C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) and hit Enter.
- Now go to the ecml, right-click and Delete it.
- It will prompt you to confirm the deletion process, click Yes for it.
- Now, Open your company file and follow the process of application registration.
Another Method: Update your Windows Operating Software and ensure that all programs are updated in the process. Once the Windows OS is updated, try installing QuickBooks.
If you have followed the instructions given above with caution, you should be able to resolve the issue without any hindrance. In case you still couldn’t resolve the error or need technical assistance from QuickBooks experts, we advise you to get in touch with our QBPayrollhelp-AskForAccounting QuickBooks Technical Support Team to speak to one of our QuickBooks experts on 1800-865-4183.